We are looking for an experienced Backend PHP Developer to join our team and work with us on international projects.
At Kiwee, you will be a part of a small, highly professional, skilled team. You will help us build a strong position in the eCommerce software services market.
In return, you will be guaranteed fully remote work, joy from working in an inclusive, international environment, and a unique opportunity only small companies can offer - to influence significantly a company's direction, growth and success.
You will have an opportunity to build highly scalable APIs and backend features for eCommerce projects based on Shopware 6 and Magento 2 platforms for a cloud-native environment.
At Kiwee, we care ❤️! We care about the team, our clients, sustainable growth, and our planet!
Your main roles will be:
- Implementing new features with high quality, clean and testable code according to the specifications.
- Writing tests and maintaining them as part of the development process.
- Doing peer code reviews.
- Extending documentation.
- Sharing knowledge on our blog and giving presentations for the team.
You are an ideal candidate if:
- You are skilled in PHP 8 and OOP.
- You have experience with at least one of the following PHP frameworks or platforms: Symfony, Shopware 6, Magento 2, Laminas/Zend.
- You know how to build efficient REST APIs.
- You are familiar with GraphQL.
- You can only stand writing code with tests.
- You can use relational databases efficiently.
- You are confident in writing Bash scripts and working in the Linux console.
- You use Git, and merging and rebasing is no secret skill to you.
- You are familiar with Continuous Integration practices and tools such as Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines, GitLab, or GitHub Actions.
- You speak very good English, and great communication and writing skills complete your profile. Polish is not required.
It would be great if:
- You use Docker for development purposes.
- You have experience using caching systems like Varnish, Redis and message brokers such as RabbitMQ or Redis Pub/Sub
- You have experience with Node.js.
- You have practiced deploying and running applications on Kubernetes.
- You have already worked in Scrum or other agile methodologies.
There are several reasons to join us
- long-term job contract,
- opportunity to work entirely remotely (we were remote before it was cool),
- onboarding process crafted for you,
- flexible working hours, extra flexibility for caregivers,
- 20 or 26 days of vacation depending on your work experience,
- three days per year of Volunteer Time Off,
- salary in EUR: Possibly receive your compensation in EUR on a B2B contract,
- health and life insurance compensation,
- inclusive and diverse work environment.
If you are a person with disabilities and need any adjustments during a recruitment process, please let us know about that in your application.
We are here to help you!